CHAPTER 5 - Teaching Practice

CHAPTER 5
Teaching Practice

5.1 Procedures of Teaching
I taught the student on Monday in Matthayom 1/4 standard class, from 10.10 a.m. until 11.00 a.m. On Tuesday in Matthayom 1/2 Intensive English Program (IEP) class since 2.20 p.m. until 3.10 p.m., on Thursday in Matthayom 1/5 standard class, since 2.20 p.m. until 3.10 p.m. and also on Friday in Matthayom 1/3 Intensive English Program (IEP) class, since 08.30 a.m. until 09.20 a.m. before that my cooperating teacher has given me the topic about purity of substance and definition and symbol of elements. I prepared my lesson plan and sent it to my mentor on Sunday for checking first. I used cooperative learning or the students' center method for my lesson and also I used the 5E lesson plan of science. 5E is Engage, Explore, Explain Elaborate and Evaluate.

Teaching Practice in in Matthayom 1/4 standard class

Teaching Practice in Matthayom 1/2 Intensive English Program (IEP) class

Teaching Practice in Matthayom 1/5 standard class

Teaching Practice in Matthayom 1/3 Intensive English Program (IEP) class

5.2 Time Management and Organizing Activities
I invite students to discuss the topic of the lesson before, then just motivate the topic of the lesson on that day. Distributed student worksheets provided work guides, tools, and materials as well as questions. Before divided into groups, because learning today about the purity of substances and in the laboratory, I explained the rules in advance and used the tools. After that, I followed the practice that students would do to avoid mistakes. Even though it was like that, there was still a small laboratory accident so I had to keep control of the class so it wouldn't be crowded and the difficulties continued. L
When I teach in Laboratory

The next thing is instructions for students to note after they are known and answer questions about student worksheets. I answer the question with the help of a powerpoint, and ask students "which group can answer, raise questions?" The group that answers will be given point 1. After all the questions have been answered, I ask for the conclusion of today's learning for students. Next, I close with greetings and before that remind students to learn the next material.

Then in the resolution and symbol of the elements, I was united by the game matching the element symbol with the name of the element. Before this game, students are stimulated knowledge about symbols by way of discussion with the group in compiling puzzles. After completing the puzzle, the students were invited to play a matching game to match the symbol with the name of the element. At the end of the class, I make a quiz and ask for the conclusion of learning on that day.

5.3 Problem Solving
The students were very excited during the lesson. They also cooperate with their friends. Especially when learning symbol elements using the make a matching method they are very happy. If they don't know, they asked me as the teacher than I gave the closest meaning of that word, but if they still confused my cooperating teacher once in a while helped me to explain it in the Thai language and the students can understand well.

My Coopering teacher helped me explain in the Thai language.

5.4 Classroom Management
In VRU Demonstration School the students could understand well my explanation, but once in a while, my co-operating teacher has to translate my explanation to them. I also used a game card when explained the lesson about the definition and symbol of elements to students, in that card I wrote the symbol and name of elements, then I was a random card and gave it to my students.
After sharing, they must look for matching pairs of symbols and element names. Students who have found their partners gather around the corner and those who haven't got it to keep looking until they find it. these games are given time so that students can actively move to find and know the symbols and elements. I do these games so students don't get bored studying in the classroom but their knowledge is still conveyed. even after class they asked "is this paper for me?" even though I made from ordinary pieces of paper that I wrote with a marker. I have not forgotten that how happy it is to be a teacher for them.
Dalton Atom Symbol



5.5 Lesson Plan
Please check lesson plan, here : CHAPTER 3